RE: Brexit

in Politik 16.01.2020 17:40
von Maga-neu | 35.185 Beiträge

Zitat von Leto_II. im Beitrag #4224
Zitat von Maga-neu im Beitrag #4222
@ sayada

Ich finde nur diese Häme bedenklich, dieses Händereiben über (vermeintlichen) wirtschaftlichen Schaden oder über das vermutete Auseinanderbrechen des Landes. Und diesen Hass auf alles Konservative.

Momentan liegt Polarisierung, ganz progressiv, voll im Trend, nicht nur im UK. Für die USA gibt es da gleich mehrere Stränge.

Ich finde die Unterschiede interessant: Der Konservative schüttelt den Kopf über den Progressiven und hält ihn für ideologisch verblendet bzw. etwas bescheuert. Der Progressive, der den grundsätzlichen Skeptizismus des Konservativen nicht teilt, sondern der zu seiner Ideologie eine religiöse Bindung hat, hasst und verabscheut den Konservativen, weil dieser ja das Gute, für das der Progressismus steht, ablehnt. Dies aber kann nur sein, weil der Konservative böse (oder dumm oder dumm und böse) ist.

zuletzt bearbeitet 16.01.2020 17:41 | nach oben springen

in Politik 16.01.2020 18:33
von Leto_II. | 27.833 Beiträge

Zitat von Maga-neu im Beitrag #4226

Ich finde die Unterschiede interessant: Der Konservative schüttelt den Kopf über den Progressiven und hält ihn für ideologisch verblendet bzw. etwas bescheuert. Der Progressive, der den grundsätzlichen Skeptizismus des Konservativen nicht teilt, sondern der zu seiner Ideologie eine religiöse Bindung hat, hasst und verabscheut den Konservativen, weil dieser ja das Gute, für das der Progressismus steht, ablehnt. Dies aber kann nur sein, weil der Konservative böse (oder dumm oder dumm und böse) ist.

Verkehrte Welt, waren es doch klassisch eher die Konservativen, die bis ins Privatleben hinein regierten, Progressive waren mal liberal.
Nun soll Liberalität erzwungen werden.:)

nach oben springen

in Politik 16.01.2020 20:39

Zitat von Leto_II. im Beitrag #4227

Verkehrte Welt, waren es doch klassisch eher die Konservativen, die bis ins Privatleben hinein regierten, Progressive waren mal liberal.
Nun soll Liberalität erzwungen werden.:)
Genau. Und wehe man jubelt nicht über Caitlin Jenners Outing. Oder man spricht wie der liberale Benedict Cumberbatch von "coloured people" statt von PoC.

btw, die parteipolitische Sichtweise auf die britische Politik ist, bedenkt man den Brexit, besonders absurd, denn bei Labour wie bei den Tories finden sich Anhänger beider Richtungen: Pro EU Macmillan (T), Heath (T), Jenkins (L), Clarke (T), Owen (L), Blair (L); Anti-EU: Gaitskell (L), Powell (T), Foot (L), Benn (L), Thatcher (T), Johnson (T).

zuletzt bearbeitet 16.01.2020 20:41 | nach oben springen

in Politik 17.01.2020 00:35
von Willie (gelöscht)

Terry Gilliam: “We live in a time where a serial liar gets to be PM”
The Monty Python legend reveals how he was always drawn to Britain, which of his films his teenage self would rate and his history as a cheerleader in this week’s Letter To My Younger Self

Terry Gilliam may be a fan of people who maintain their sense of humour whatever the adversity – but that doesn’t extend to Prime Minister Boris Johnson. ...

The comedy icon said: “I like people who have maintained a sense of humour no matter how dark their lives are. I’ve been very lucky. And because of that, it seems to me I have a responsibility to be honest about things.
“That’s all I can say. And I try to be, whatever I’m doing or saying, I hope it’s honest. Those in power or trying to be in power right now – they lie and lie and lie. We live in a time where a serial liar gets to be prime minister. These are bad times we’re living in.” ...

https://www.bigissue.com/latest/terry-gi...7vhl43pd-Raunbc

nach oben springen

in Politik 17.01.2020 12:44
von sayada.b. | 9.135 Beiträge

@ Nante

Wie siehst du die aktuellen Beiträge nicht ganz oben?
Einstellungssache...
Die Autoren sehe icb aber immer, nur beim Smartphone nicht die Beitraganummern...

🙄

nach oben springen

in Politik 17.01.2020 15:44

"Brussels is anxious that the UK government will use Brexit to slash EU regulation in tax, state aid and the environment to undercut the bloc and create a “Singapore on Thames”.
Some EU countries, such as France, are pushing for “level playing guarantees” that will force Britain tied to EU rules and standards even as they change over time."
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/202...0Jh96_7g6vJs_tA

Herrlich, sie wollen immer noch parliamentary sovereignty in Westminster bekämpfen. Sie haben nichts gelernt und nichts vergessen, wie Talleyrand einmal sagte.

nach oben springen

in Politik 17.01.2020 18:12
von Nante | 10.432 Beiträge

Zitat von sayada.b. im Beitrag #4230
@ Nante

Wie siehst du die aktuellen Beiträge nicht ganz oben?🙄

Wenn ich nicht eingeloggt bin, dann nicht. Und das ist meistens der Fall. Außerdem wird die Seite vom unteren Rand aus gezeigt. Ich muß also immer hochscrollen.

nach oben springen

in Politik 18.01.2020 15:47
von Willie (gelöscht)

UK citizens to launch legal action to keep EU citizenship
According to Article 20 of the Treaty of Lisbon, EU citizenship is additional and separate to national citizenship. Presently, there are no provisions for removing this citizenship and its associated rights from individuals, regardless of whether their nation leaves the EU.

With less than 20 days to go until Brexit day, a group of UK citizens are preparing a legal action to challenge whether the government can remove their EU citizenship when the UK officially leaves the European Union on 31 January, The London Economic has learnt.

Joshua Silver – a Professor of Physics at the University of Oxford and one of the claimants – intends to bring a case to the European Court of Justice (CJEU) in the coming weeks to question whether Boris Johnson can use the basis of the 2016 EU Referendum to legally remove his status as an EU Citizens as part of delivering Brexit.

Asked to comment, the European Commission responded: “We take note of the intention to begin legal proceedings”.

Freedom of Movement
Freedom of Movement will end for EU citizens (including citizens of Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein), and their family members in the UK, and for British citizens living across the EU when the transition period ends on December 31st 2020.

The end of free movement means that the residence status for EU citizens and their family members has to be protected under UK immigration law.
The UK Government set up the EU Settlement Scheme which is in line with the Withdrawal Agreement and is designed for this purpose

An ardent campaigner for Democracy and Human Rights, Prof Silver said: “When the result of the referendum was announced, it set me thinking: what happens to our EU citizenship now? So, I asked several lawyers whether anyone can actually remove our rights as EU citizens. The uniform answer was: not with the present state of EU law”.
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politi...izenship/17/01/

zuletzt bearbeitet 18.01.2020 15:59 | nach oben springen

in Politik 18.01.2020 17:44
von Willie (gelöscht)
nach oben springen

in Politik 18.01.2020 19:47
nach oben springen

in Politik 18.01.2020 19:51

https://politicaluk.co.uk/2020/01/boris-...CYOURcek5QOLNYM

"We shall fight them at the conference tables, we shall fight them at the summits, we shall fight them with growing confidence in Brussels, we shall never surrender."
:-)

zuletzt bearbeitet 18.01.2020 19:52 | nach oben springen

in Politik 18.01.2020 20:05
von Willie (gelöscht)

BORIS BEGINS TO IMPLEMENT LONG-AWAITED POST-BREXIT PLAN WHICH WILL “GENERATE BILLIONS”
https://politicaluk.co.uk/2020/01/boris-...erate-billions/

👍👍👍👍👍👍❗❗❗

zuletzt bearbeitet 18.01.2020 21:43 | nach oben springen

in Politik 18.01.2020 20:18

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho...n-a9283146.html

Fears over race relations affected police probe into child sex grooming gang, report suggests
Investigation identified 57 potential victims and 97 suspects in Manchester – but almost no action taken amid fears of inciting racial hatred

Und hier die Gesichter und Namen der Scheißkerle... Typisch britische Namen wie John Smith oder Peter Jackson.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr...s-a8800386.html

Basharat Khaliq, of Glaisdale Court, Allerton, Bradford, was found guilty of five counts of rape and one count of sexual assault, police said. He was jailed for 20 years.

Saeed Akhtar, 55, of Back Girlington Road, Bradford, was found guilty of one charge of rape and two charges of causing or inciting child prostitution. He was jailed for 20 years.
Naveed Akhtar, 43, of Newport Place, Bradford, was found guilty of two counts of rape. He was jailed for 17 years.
Parvaze Ahmed, 36, of Farcliffe Road, Bradford, was found guilty of three charges of rape. He was jailed for 17 years.

Izar Hussain, 32, of St Leonard’s Road, Bradford, was found guilty of rape. He was jailed for 16 years.
Zeeshan Ali, 32, of Durham Terrace, Bradford, was found guilty of sexual assault. He was jailed for 18 months.
Kieran Harris, 28, of Fir Parade, Dewsbury, was found guilty of two counts of rape . He was jailed for 17 years.

Fahim Iqbal, 28, of Quarry Road, Dewsbury, was found guilty of aiding and abetting one of Harris’s rapes. He was jailed for seven years.
Mohammed Usman, 31, of Quaker Street, Bradford, was found guilty of two counts of rape. He was jailed for 17 years.

zuletzt bearbeitet 18.01.2020 20:19 | nach oben springen

in Politik 18.01.2020 21:58
von Willie (gelöscht)

Zitat von Willie im Beitrag #4234
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/p960x960/83620701_1812539068878585_570056702662017024_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=TgKjHoEvfAwAX8gIKAE&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&_nc_tp=1002&oh=083faa54f2951996a9cfd88f2be10a54&oe=5EDBB0DE

Derselbige in 2016:

Sajid Javid: The only thing leaving the EU guarantees is a lost decade for British business

...Today, almost 80 per cent of British jobs are part of the service sector – everything from that TV company to pensions to education.
It’s a sector with exports of £226 billion, nearly half of which go to Europe. But of the trade agreements the EU has with more than 50 countries around the world, not one gives service industries the same level of guaranteed access as the Single Market. Not one.

And this isn’t just an EU problem – the biggest free trade agreement in the world, NAFTA, doesn’t come close either. No free trade agreement does. And that's because services are complex and highly regulated.
Unless the exporting country submits to the importing country’s rules and local regulator, access will be denied. Maybe the EU will break the habit of a lifetime and come up with something new just for us.
But I wouldn’t want to bet the jobs of millions of British workers on it.

Finally, the negotiations themselves would be extremely lopsided, giving the upper hand to our rivals.
Forty-four per cent of our exports go the EU, but only eight per cent of the rest of the EU’s exports come to the UK.
One of the advantages of EU membership is that we get to negotiate wider and deeper trade deals from a position of strength. If we leave, the boot will be on the other foot – and that will put Britain at a serious disadvantage.

The remaining EU nations will want to secure a deal that’s good for their economies. So Germany will want to protect its carmakers from British imports. France will want to protect its farmers from UK rivals. Even little Luxembourg will want to protect its financial services industry from the global hub of London.
And who could blame them? If I was in their shoes, I’d do the same. If Germany left the EU tomorrow, I’d make damn sure any trade agreement we reached put British businesses first. I’d be failing in my job as Secretary of State if I didn’t.

Business leaders from kitchen-table start-ups to vast multi-nationals are already telling me that the uncertainty over the referendum result is causing them to delay investment decisions, to think twice about creating new jobs.
If we vote to leave, that uncertainty won’t end the morning after the referendum. Even the most conservative estimates say it could take years to secure agreements with the EU and other countries.

Having spent six years fighting to get British businesses back on their feet after Labour’s record-breaking recession, I’m not about to vote for a decade of stagnation and doubt.
I can see why some people want to leave the EU. Arguments about national identity and sovereignty pack an emotional punch. But for anyone who cares about British jobs, it comes down to one key question.
Do businesses want the benefits and security of continued access to the Single Market, or the instability and uncertainty of a lost decade?

However you feel about Europe, whether you’re an enthusiastic federalist or an ardent advocate of leaving, that is the question you have to answer on 23 June. And from where I’m standing, there’s only one answer – a vote to remain.
https://www.sajidjavid.com/news/sajid-ja...ritish-business

zuletzt bearbeitet 18.01.2020 22:02 | nach oben springen

in Politik 18.01.2020 22:06
von Willie (gelöscht)

Brexit: Price rises warning after chancellor vows EU rules divergence
Businesses have warned that food prices may rise and jobs may be affected after the chancellor vowed to end alignment with EU rules after Brexit.

Sajid Javid told the Financial Times the UK would not be a "ruletaker" after Brexit, urging businesses to "adjust".

The Food and Drink Federation said the proposals were likely to cause food prices to rise at the end of this year.
The Confederation of British Industry said for many firms, keeping existing EU rules would support jobs.
The automotive, food and drink and pharmaceutical industries all warned the government last year that moving away from key EU rules would be damaging....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51161808

Es wird ein interessantes Jahr werden.

nach oben springen

in Politik 18.01.2020 22:20
von Willie (gelöscht)

John McDonnell MP@johnmcdonnellMP
Tory promises of frictionless trade post Brexit prior to election now exposed as not worth paper they were written on.
Fears now made real about food price increases & threats to jobs in motor industry & manufacturing.
Right Ideology overriding common sense
2:52 AM · Jan 18, 2020

MIP34@MaggieP31069
Replying to @johnmcdonnellMP
Why is anyone surprised?
We all knew the Tories were duplicitous but still people voted for them.
This is just the beginning of a downward spiral.
We are being steered by Captain Buffoon on a rudderless ship. It will only get worse.
7:59 AM · Jan 18, 2020·

Alphonse@MrAlphonseG
Replying to @johnmcdonnellMP
It’s utter madness.
I run a food business with over 200million turnover. No one spoke to me.
Instead we are at the mercy of inexperienced naive wishful thinkers who have no idea of real commerce and are simply politically expedient.
God save us.
10:11 AM · Jan 18, 2020

Es wird interessant werden.

zuletzt bearbeitet 18.01.2020 22:20 | nach oben springen

in Politik 18.01.2020 22:23
von Willie (gelöscht)

Eine interessante Twitter Unterhaltung, die sehr schoen den Konflikt zwischen erfahrungsgepraegter Realitaet und ignoranter Blauaeugigkeit aufzeigt:

Nick Grant@joepublic99
My British export sales to non-EU Egypt are supplied under the EU wide FTA with them.
When I export I include a EUR1 form so the buyer isn’t impacted by import taxes.
After Brexit, taxes will apply meaning our EU competitors become significantly cheaper over night.
This is real.
4:22 AM · Jan 17, 2020

Now comes a smart one:

Joanna Frederick @FrederickFredr3
Replying to @joepublic99
That's not true: after 31st Jan Brexit happens but the transition arrangements keep trade terms the same as now - and there's every prospect of a long term deal on the same terms too.
But the UK having a free trade deal with the USA will give you an advantage over EU competition!
7:54 AM · Jan 17, 2020

Nick Grant @joepublic99
Replying to @FrederickFredr3
I’m in international business.
To sell products in EU, US businesses have to make products that meet the “CE” standard.
EU businesses to sell in USA have to make products that comply to “UL” or “DOT” standards.
The 2 are entirely different (for no good reason) but they are.
8:30 AM · Jan 17, 2020

Nick Grant @joepublic99
A FTA with USA basically excludes us from EU. I know you don’t believe me but I’ve been doing this for 30 years.
You?
8:31 AM · Jan 17, 2020

Joanna Frederick @FrederickFredr3
Replying to @joepublic99
Yes; so every day exporting businesses already cope perfectly well with selling products to the USA and the EU at the same time!... x
8:32 AM · Jan 17, 2020

Nick Grant @joepublic99
Are you trolling me now? Our country sells proportionally to the USA only a fraction of what we make.
We sell a huge amount of what we make to EU. We don’t all manufacture Bentleys and Whisky.
You don’t know what you’re talking about sorry.
8:36 AM · Jan 17, 2020

Joanna Frederick@FrederickFredr3
Replying to @joepublic99
Most of our exports do NOT go to the EU, even including those exports going through EU ports to the rest of the world!
I do agree we can do a lot more trade with the USA once we have a free trade agreement with them though... x
8:38 AM · Jan 17, 2020·

Nick Grant @joepublic99
Being an EU member means we use FTA’s with countries in Asia, Middle East, Africa, South America so we export from U.K. direct to them from U.K.
We sell products under EUR1 so customers pay zero import duty cos we have FTA with 80+ countries.
You’re not interested in facts tho.
8:46 AM · Jan 17, 2020

Richtig interessant wird es aber erst wenn Realitaet und Blauaeuigigkeit draussen im Markt miteinander kollidieren. Draussen "im richt'gen Leben".
Dann erst kommen richtig "Wertschaetzung und Freude" auf. :-)

zuletzt bearbeitet 18.01.2020 22:45 | nach oben springen

in Politik 19.01.2020 03:17
von Willie (gelöscht)

If the UK doesn’t act now, the car industry will vanish
Brexit was the latest blow to the sector. Its future must not be left to the market – investment in electric vehicles is needed

Britain’s economy is on course to grow by less than 1% in 2019. Last week’s retail sales figures for December, which showed the longest period of zero growth for more than 20 years, are likely to drag down GDP growth in the last quarter, limiting the annual growth rate to 0.8% or 0.9% at best. ...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/202...try-will-vanish

nach oben springen

in Politik 19.01.2020 05:14
von Hans Bergman | 23.327 Beiträge

Zitat von Willie im Beitrag #4243
Brexit was the latest blow to the sector. Its future must not be left to the market – investment in electric vehicles is needed

Britain’s economy is on course to grow by less than 1% in 2019. Last week’s retail sales figures for December, which showed the longest period of zero growth for more than 20 years, are likely to drag down GDP growth in the last quarter, limiting the annual growth rate to 0.8% or 0.9% at best. ...

The latest blow to the car sector for Britain - was joining the EU.
Gekriselt hatte es schon lange vorher. Aber ab dem Beitritt, also ab der Abgabe seiner Souveränität an einen Haufen unfähiger und deswegen in den Heimatländern abservierter Politiker, begann der ungenierte Aufkauf der profitabel erscheinenden Marken an das Ausland, den Rest konnte man behalten.
Die EU war der "latest blow", nicht der Brexit.

zuletzt bearbeitet 19.01.2020 05:18 | nach oben springen

in Politik 19.01.2020 12:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fNObuKJhUo

Narcotic overdose - kann man so sehen.

zuletzt bearbeitet 19.01.2020 12:22 | nach oben springen

in Politik 19.01.2020 12:28
von Leto_II. | 27.833 Beiträge

Zitat von Hans Bergman im Beitrag #4244
Zitat von Willie im Beitrag #4243

The latest blow to the car sector for Britain - was joining the EU.
Gekriselt hatte es schon lange vorher. Aber ab dem Beitritt, also ab der Abgabe seiner Souveränität an einen Haufen unfähiger und deswegen in den Heimatländern abservierter Politiker, begann der ungenierte Aufkauf der profitabel erscheinenden Marken an das Ausland, den Rest konnte man behalten.
Die EU war der "latest blow", nicht der Brexit.

Mit britische Industriepolitik hat das natürlich nichts zu tun. Da bleiben dann halt nur Marken über.

nach oben springen

in Politik 19.01.2020 12:58
von Hans Bergman | 23.327 Beiträge

Zitat von Leto_II. im Beitrag #4246
...Mit britische Industriepolitik hat das natürlich nichts zu tun. Da bleiben dann halt nur Marken über.
Marken, die jedermann kaufen kann, der Geld hat. Ohne Steuerungsmöglichkeit durch einen souveränen Staat.

nach oben springen

in Politik 19.01.2020 12:59

Boris Johnson's task is to rescue Britain from our absurd technocratic tyrants
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/202...OxVjhHD3d34p5nI

Bin ich eigentlich der einzige hier, der die Briten beneidet?

nach oben springen

in Politik 19.01.2020 13:07

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10765448/b...ign=sharebarweb

Boris Johnson plans Brexit laser show after Big Ben bong bid was blocked

Mit einer Lasershow soll die Befreiung des Landes gefeiert werden. Ich stelle mir Feuerwerk über Rom - gibt es auf der Welt bessere Feuerwerker als Italiener? - vor, sollte das Land in einigen Jahren ebenfalls gehen...

zuletzt bearbeitet 19.01.2020 13:08 | nach oben springen

in Politik 19.01.2020 13:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDqgJye7hyc

Und hier die dann zu erwartenden Aufnahmen. :-)

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 14 Gäste sind Online:
Maga-neu

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Corto
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 193 Gäste und 4 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1450 Themen und 323699 Beiträge.

Heute waren 4 Mitglieder Online:
Landegaard, Leto_II., Maga-neu, nahal

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen