RE: Internationaler Gerichtshof -Rule of Law

in Politik 13.06.2020 18:12
von Rico (gelöscht)

"Israel wird in den Resolutionen des UN Menschenrechtsrates häufiger verurteilt als Syrien, Myanmar, Nordkorea und Iran zusammen", weil die UNO eine faschistische, antisemitische Organisation mit signifikanten Mafiastrukturen ist?

https://www.zeit.de/politik/2020-06/unrhc-rassismus-debatte-forderung-afrikanische-laender-george-floyd

nach oben springen

in Politik 15.06.2020 22:18
von mbockstette | 12.325 Beiträge

Zitat von nahal im Beitrag #36117
1981 annektierte Begin den Golan.
SKANDAL !!!!!
2019 anerkannte Trump diese Annektion.
SKANDAL!!!!!

Heute spricht keiner mehr von dieser traumatischen Amputation.

Blue and White minister: Annexation dangerous for Israel

“Unilateral annexation would be dangerous for the state’s diplomatic, security and economic future,” he warned.

“It would endanger my kids and endanger peace with Egypt and Jordan and relations with Gulf States. It is wrong to do it without consensus. I don’t support unilateral steps, period.”

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/blue-a...r-israel-631521

nach oben springen

in Politik 15.06.2020 22:29
von Rico (gelöscht)

Gallia est omnia
divisa in partes tres.

nach oben springen

in Politik 15.06.2020 22:30
von Rico (gelöscht)

Der Golan gehört den Drusen.

nach oben springen

in Politik 15.06.2020 22:43
von Maga-neu | 35.109 Beiträge

Zitat von Rico im Beitrag #36128
Gallia est omnia
divisa in partes tres.
Macron ist dagegen.

nach oben springen

in Politik 22.06.2020 23:10

Trump set to make decision on annexation

US President Donald Trump is poised to make a final decision on Tuesday as to whether and how Israel should apply sovereignty to parts of the West Bank.

The peace team plans to discuss what to do if Alternate Prime Minister and Defense Minister Benny Gantz and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu do not find common ground.

US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman headed to Washington, DC for a meeting with special adviser to the president Jared Kushner, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and special representative for international negotiations Avi Berkowitz to discuss how to move forward
Trump is expected to join the meeting, as well and make a determination.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/trump-...nexation-632397

nach oben springen

in Politik 23.06.2020 00:19
von Rico (gelöscht)

Jetzt werdem Nägel mit Köpfen gemacht?

nach oben springen

in Politik 25.06.2020 21:46

No American decision on annexation as Friedman returns to Israel

“There is yet no final decision on next steps for implementing” US President Donald Trump’s peace plan, a senior US administration official said.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/us-a...o-israel-632811

nach oben springen

in Politik 29.06.2020 15:11

Zitat von nahal im Beitrag #36117
1981 annektierte Begin den Golan.
SKANDAL !!!!!
SKANDAL!!!!!

Netanyahu has given up on sovereignty over the Jordan Valley

Israeli plans to apply sovereignty over portions of the West Bank will not include the Jordan Valley, Yamina MK and former Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked told Army Radio.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu “has given up on the Jordan Valley” because of the opposition from the Arab world, Shaked said adding that her party has received reports to this effect.

https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-confl...n-valley-633152

nach oben springen

in Politik 29.06.2020 15:54
von Rico (gelöscht)

Erst kommt Jericho, dann Petra und schließlich Amman.

nach oben springen

in Politik 30.06.2020 23:47
von Willie (gelöscht)
nach oben springen

in Politik 03.07.2020 22:35
von Willie (gelöscht)

Annexation, Apartheid, and Me
Hirsh Goodman
I ran away from institutional racism; I cannot watch while my adopted country moves toward it now.

If Israel annexes part of the West Bank in early July and denies the Palestinians who come with it equal rights, I will confront one of the deepest dilemmas I have had to face since 1965, when I migrated to Israel from apartheid South Africa.

I fought as an Israeli paratrooper in the Six Day War; was stationed in Sinai during the War of Attrition; spent nine months on the Golan Heights after fighting in the 1973 Yom Kippur War; and performed an average of 60 days of active reserve duty annually for about 15 years.

I have lived with my family through Intifadas and suicide bombers, a succession of unnecessary wars, missile attacks from Iraq, and sporadic but persistent rocket and mortar barrages from over the border with Gaza. My wife walked our four-year old to a birthday party shortly after a suicide bomber detonated himself. His head had landed on a balcony near the kindergarten and a grenade was found in the playground not far from the birthday cake.

I have seen a prime minister assassinated for trying to make peace, and spent many sleepless nights worrying about my children as each served their three years of compulsory military service.

But what has broken my heart is watching what’s happening to my country under the decade-long leadership of Benjamin Netanyahu: The erosion of democracy; the institutionalized greed; the bloated government; the delegitimization of the press (journalists critical of the government now risk bodily harm reporting on right-wing pro-Netanyahu demonstrations); the direct, unrelenting attack on the rule of law led by a prime minister now on trial for bribery, fraud, and breach of trust; and now the insensitivity to those who have lost all to the virus, while those in power line their pockets.

Israel today feels like a pressure cooker with no release valve on top. There are so many points of tension: the secular and the religious; Israelis and Palestinians; settlers and those who oppose the occupation; Sephardic Jews from the Arab world and Ashkenazi Jews from Europe; and Israeli Arabs and Zionists—the list is endless.

Yet in over 50 years of mayhem I have never seriously questioned my decision to live here. Israel gave me an identity I did not have growing up as a Jew in apartheid South Africa. There I was tolerated because I was white and hated because Afrikaners were taught in Sunday school to believe that the Jews killed Christ. Nevertheless, it was apartheid, not anti-Semitism, that drove me to leave South Africa as soon as I could. I could not abide living in a country with endemic discrimination against a large majority of the population based on race.

I hated the darkness, censorship, fear, tyranny, and brutality, and the unbelievable cruelty that came with it. The forced movement of millions of people from their lush and mineral-rich tribal lands to arid Bantustans, where social and family structures collapsed as men left to work the mines and mothers abandoned children to become domestic servants, was diabolic in concept and implementation.

As much as I hated apartheid, fighting it was not my cause. For me, South Africa was an accident of birth, not my country. From an early age I saw Israel as my home, the light at the end of the tunnel. It promised identity, freedom of speech, international acceptability—not a pariah state, but a thriving democracy—and the challenge of building a new society with healthy values: a light unto the nations.
That light will be dimmed for me if the annexation goes through, and I find myself back in a country that practices discrimination and inequality as policy.

I have no citizenship other than Israeli.
I burned my South African passport on the campus of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem in 1966 after listening to Arthur Goldreich speak at an open-air rally in support of equality for Israeli Arabs.
He was one of 13 people arrested with Nelson Mandela—seven of them Jewish—by the South African security forces in 1963, and he was subsequently convicted of sabotage and sentenced to life. With the burning of my passport, I thought I had left apartheid behind.

I have long argued that Israel, despite the occupation, which has now lasted more than 50 years, was not an apartheid state.
If annexation goes ahead, with Israeli sovereignty and law extended only to the Israeli residents of the areas involved, but not to the Palestinians, I am not sure I will be able to make that case in the future. It may not be apartheid, which was a seminal and unique event. But it would be separation under one sovereignty by ethnicity—and that is a red line I cannot cross.

I did not go through five decades in a pressure cooker to live in a pariah state again, spurned by the world and subject to international boycott. I ran away from institutional racism; I cannot watch while my adopted country moves toward it now.
And yet I dread the thought of running again. Unlike South Africa, I have a stake here. I have seen apartheid defeated. I would much rather stay and fight for what’s right. And unlike those who unshackled South Africa from apartheid against all odds, here we have the tools in hand to do so.

The press remains free; the legal system solid; the Knesset vibrant; the security services and army independent; and the police, all-things-considered, still far from being in the pockets of the politicians.
This is not apartheid South Africa, but one stroke from a cynical pen annexing parts of the West Bank while denying equal rights and citizenship to all those living in the affected territory, is a sure death knell for Israel as a Jewish and democratic country as defined in our Declaration of Independence.

Defending the essence and soul of this unique place is the battle now.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archiv...fedc32c19ef33b4

I feel with you 100% my brother. And it will probably be lost. Once again.

zuletzt bearbeitet 03.07.2020 22:39 | nach oben springen

in Politik 07.07.2020 19:20
von Willie (gelöscht)

Yavne: A Jewish Case for Equality in Israel-Palestine
July 7, 2020 Posted byPeter Beinart

WHAT MAKES SOMEONE A JEW—not just a Jew in name, but a Jew in good standing—today? In Haredi circles, being a real Jew means adhering to religious law. In leftist Jewish spaces, it means championing progressive causes. But these environments are the exceptions. In the broad center of Jewish life—where power and respectability lie—being a Jew means, above all, supporting the existence of a Jewish state. In most Jewish communities on earth, rejecting Israel is a greater heresy than rejecting God. ...

https://jewishcurrents.org/yavne-a-jewis...rael-palestine/

nach oben springen

in Politik 07.07.2020 21:03

Why the joint statement matters: Jordan, Egypt close ranks on annexation?

The closing of ranks between Egypt and Jordan, the two countries that share borders and peace with Israel, is important.

An important joint statement by foreign ministers of Egypt, France, Germany and Jordan has sought to unify their positions on Israel’s proposed annexation of parts of the West Bank, while also discussing “fruitful engagement” that could aid the peace process. The joint statement was made by a video conference, Reuters reported

The text of the statement is not surprising. The countries say they won’t recognize changes to the 1967 borders that are not agreed upon by both parties of the conflict. The rest of the statement presents annexation as creating an obstacle to achieving peace. It could harm stability in the region. Much of this is well known and is the official position of Jordan and Egypt as well as their partners in the region.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/why-th...nexation-634143

nach oben springen

in Politik 20.07.2020 22:16

Zitat von mbockstette im Beitrag #36127
[quote=nahal|p282080]1981 annektierte Begin den Golan.
SKANDAL !!!!!
SKANDAL!!!!!

Heute ist nicht damals! Was heute auf dem Spiel steht, das sind handfeste Erfolge in den Beziehungen zwischen Israel und einer beachtlichen Anzahl von Staaten der Arabischen Liga -

What is the UAE trying to tell Israelis?

Opinion: The consequences of the Arab world slamming its doors in Israel’s face in response to West Bank annexation are hard to assess, but Jerusalem must understand the bigger picture of the risks involved

In his June 12 op-ed on Ynet, UAE Ambassador to the U.S. Yousef Al Otaiba enumerated the fruits of rapprochement with Israel.

Among those that he neglected to mention are the thousands of Israeli tourists allowed to visit his country using foreign passports issued in Tel Aviv, hundreds of joint business initiatives, and dozens of official Israeli delegations participating in sports events and conferences in the Emirates.

Some 2,000 Jews reside in Abu Dhabi, the Israeli and UAE air forces join annually in a multinational drill under U.S. auspices, and the UAE buys millions of dollars in equipment from Israeli defense contractors, according to foreign reports.
These numbers provide but a minor idea of the rich, flourishing relationship between Israel and the UAE.
However, the greatest benefit for Israel does not lie necessarily in these direct ties but rather in the extent of the UAE’s influence in the region and other aspects harder to quantify.

Political influence

The United Arab Emirates is among the most powerful states in the Middle East, with influence far beyond its borders making it an important regional hub.
It projects its foreign policy, including on issues related to Israel, onto its environs, thereby providing a quasi-seal of approval for other Arab states to approach Israel.
Therefore, as Al Otaiba explains in understated diplomatic language, not only will annexation damage Israel’s ties with the Palestinians or the UAE, it would lead other Arab states to reject relations with Israel in keeping with the broader trend.
Israel’s ability to improve its standing and expand its ties with the Arab world would be severely undermined.

The UAE is on the “correct” side of the ideological map in battling religious extremism and terrorism, with far-reaching security consequences.
Reflecting its worldview, the UAE is one of the leading states in battling Iran’s proxies in Yemen and is now aligning itself with the secular Haftar regime in Libya against the Government of National Accord backed by the Muslim Brotherhood, Qatar and Turkey.

It chose to sever ties with Qatar over its support of the Muslim Brotherhood and the radical tone adopted by Al-Jazeera not only against Israel but also against the UAE.
Just as Israel is waging open war against Iranian nuclearization, so the UAE is fighting Israel’s war against radical forces in an internal Arab world discourse.

Annexation will cost Israel this important resource of an unwritten ideological alliance and thereby risk the quality of security coordination between the states.

Cultural influence

Unlike Saudi Arabia and Qatar, considered developing nations within a rigid religious framework, the UAE is a developing nation within a relatively liberal framework.

The tolerant climate provides foreign residents with freedom of worship; Emirati women have been allowed to drive since the UAE was constituted, and they serve in senior management positions, as government ministers and members of the Federal National Council.

Many have established their own companies. Tourists and expats also enjoy broad cultural pluralism as regards behavior and dress. Israel apparently fails to realize the potential of the UAE’s moderating influence on stability in the Middle East.
Al Otaiba defined the annexation as a provocation of “another order” and listed what Israel stands to lose from the move.
His examples mostly included the inter-religious aspect of relations, but the most dramatic threat lies in his country’s widespread regional influence.

If the potential deterioration of ties with the Palestinians is not strong enough to influence Israeli public opinion, then perhaps these mega-implications on the Middle East will affect decision makers’ risk management cards.

The consequences of the Arab world slamming its doors in Israel’s face in response to annexation are hard to assess, but Israel must understand the broad picture of the risks on its doorstep.
Dr. Moran Zaga is a Policy Fellow at Mitvim -The Israeli Institute for Regional Foreign Policies, and the Academic Coordinator of the Chaikin Chair for Geostrategy at Haifa University

nach oben springen

in Politik 29.07.2020 20:18
von Willie (gelöscht)

Israel is ridiculous, antiquated and based on lies about other people’s land, Seth Rogen says, but he’s afraid to tell other Jews
Writer/comedian Seth Rogen was on the Marc Maron podcast yesterday, promoting his new movie “An American Pickle,” which involves Jewish life in the U.S. Maron raised the idea of Jews moving to many places in the world after the Holocaust, and not to Israel. ...
https://mondoweiss.net/2020/07/israel-is...ell-other-jews/

nach oben springen

in Politik 13.08.2020 19:07

Historischer Durchbruch

Israel und Vereinigte Arabische Emirate wollen diplomatische Beziehungen aufnehmen

Bislang unterhält Israel keine Beziehungen zu den Golfstaaten. Das soll sich nun ändern, verkündet Donald Trump auf Twitter: "Ein großer Durchbruch." Israel gibt im Gegenzug Ansprüche auf Teile des Westjordanlands auf.

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/i...4e-5c9f3f6896a4

nach oben springen

in Politik 13.08.2020 19:09
von Rico (gelöscht)

Land für Frieden.

nach oben springen

in Politik 13.08.2020 19:32

Israelische und deutsche Luftwaffe üben erstmals zusammen in Deutschland

Zum ersten Mal schickt die israelische Luftwaffe in der kommenden Woche Kampfjets nach Deutschland für eine gemeinsame Übung mit der Bundeswehr. Dabei sind auch Flüge über historische Stätten geplant, wie die deutsche Luftwaffe mitteilte: So werde am Dienstag eine deutsch-israelische Formation zum Gedenken an das Olympiaattentat von 1972 den Fliegerhorst Fürstenfeldbruck überfliegen.

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschla...ca-adbff2cb3472

nach oben springen

in Politik 13.08.2020 19:46
von Rico (gelöscht)

Zitat von mbockstette im Beitrag #36142

Historischer Durchbruch

Israel und Vereinigte Arabische Emirate wollen diplomatische Beziehungen aufnehmen

Bislang unterhält Israel keine Beziehungen zu den Golfstaaten. Das soll sich nun ändern, verkündet Donald Trump auf Twitter: "Ein großer Durchbruch." Israel gibt im Gegenzug Ansprüche auf Teile des Westjordanlands auf.

US Wahlkampf.

nach oben springen

in Politik 13.08.2020 22:03
von nahal | 24.390 Beiträge

Historischer Durchbruch

Na, mb?
Was von Verhandlungstaktik gelernt?

zuletzt bearbeitet 13.08.2020 22:04 | nach oben springen

in Politik 13.08.2020 22:23
von Rico (gelöscht)

Ich freu mich für Israel.

nach oben springen

in Politik 13.08.2020 23:19
von Nante | 10.417 Beiträge

Ich sehe es nüchtern militärisch. Dann hat Israel ja jetzt seine Flughäfen und Nachschubbasen für die Aktionen gegen den Iran. Und dann noch die Flotte der USA als Rückendeckung.

nach oben springen

in Politik 13.08.2020 23:25
von Rico (gelöscht)

Obama hat den Nobelpreis für mehr Schaumschlägerei bekommen.

nach oben springen

in Politik 14.08.2020 10:34

Zitat von nahal im Beitrag #36146

Historischer Durchbruch

Na, mb?
Was von Verhandlungstaktik gelernt?

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Corto
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 662 Gäste und 3 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1450 Themen und 323221 Beiträge.

Heute waren 3 Mitglieder Online:
Landegaard, Leto_II., nahal

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen